About Me

Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year New Meat



Do you ever have days where you feel like a can of Vienna sausages that someone jokingly put in your cupboard? Funny at first, but once the novelty’s worn off there’s no point keeping it around but there’s a nagging obligation keeping you from throwing it away. So it sits in the cupboard. Just. Taking up space.

That’s me.

So you’ve got friends and you’ve got coping mechanisms and its fine and cool but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter because you’re just little gross sausages sitting in salty, corn syrup-y water in a can on a shelf. Maybe in dire situations you’ll be useful and it’ll feel right and good and the stars will align but for now you’re just little baby dicks in a can. On a shelf.

Dump some Prozac in the corn syrup maybe she’ll do better.

Maybe it’s because of social media that I’m so obsessed with being liked by my peers. Maybe the constant validation from strangers online fuels my need for constant validation in reality and when I don’t get that validation it makes me feel Bad™.

And that is why I art.   These things are what inspire me to do art. 


“Today’s child is growing up absurd, because he lives in two worlds, and neither of them inclines him to grow up.” -- Marshall McLuhan 

Robert Morgan's Bobby Yeah (Trailer) (2011)
Robert Morgan is one of my favorite animators. He creates whimsically dark and complicated worlds and can tell compelling stories without the use of dialogue. Bobby Yeah is one of my all time favorites of Morgan's films.

Alan Resnik's Unedited Footage of a Bear (2014)
This short is barely scraping the surface of what Alan Resnik intended to tell for this story. Resnik's art is like an endlessly complicated scavenger hunt that you never know ends and hurts along the entire way. 

    Masaaki Nakayama's Fuan no Tane         
Fuan no Tane is everything one could want in horror manga. It's grotesque and weird and most of all, fun. Nakayama's work has heavily influenced how I illustrate.        



THX 4 READIN TOON IN NXT WEEK 4 ANOTHER FUN FILLED EPISODE OF SONIC X™

No comments:

Post a Comment